Francesco Zavatta is a professional artist and painter and was born in Rimini in 1986. He lives and works near Milan.
In 2004 he moved to Florence to attend the Accademia di Belle Arti. He presented his first exhibition there “RIMINIRIMINI”, which consisted of large-scale, strong-coloured, thickly painted oils on canvas, the theme being transparency and reflection on water, which are at the basis of his artistic research and have become his artistic style. In 2009 he left for Venice to specialise in painting at the Accademia di Belle Arti. Meanwhile, thanks to a fruitful relationship with the auction house San Lorenzo, his paintings of reflections on the sea, the “darsena” (wet dock) in Rimini and the Venetian lagoon were sold to various private collections throughout Italy.
Once he had concluded his studies in 2012, he decided to move to Milan which is the first city to be subject-matter in his canvases. He was struck by the tram wires that cut through the sky, by the new skyline in the area of Porta Garibaldi and by the Cathedral. Facing the challenge of an urban landscape, his painting became less materic, freer and more dynamic. Working with mixed techniques on paper (china, pastels and acrylic) take on a new importance for him, because they encourage a swift, decisive dynamic expression. In time his palette fills with colour and the skies in Milan drip with colour as if they were large expanses of water.
SELECTED SOLO EXHIBITIONS
• Seregno, ERA LI’ AD ASPETTARCI, Galleria Civica Ezio Mariani, in collaborazione con l’associazione L’Umana Avventura.
• Milano, CITYSELF, Rossosegnale 2001 Lab.
• Milano, SQUARCI, Spazio Lumera.
• Venezia, VENEZIA LIGHTINGS, Hilton Molino Stucky & Giudecca 795 Art Gallery.
• Verona, ALZO GLI OCCHI, Galleria Privata.
• Venezia, VENEZIA STORMING, Giudecca 795 Art Gallery.
• Milano, HOMO VIATOR, Teatro San Babila, Milano.
• Verona, DEVI CERCARE DOV’È IL PUNTO FERMO TRA LE ONDE DEL MARE, Studio Impresa, Galleria Privata.
• Torremaggiore (Foggia), RIFLESSI REFLECTIONS, a cura di Giorgio Barassi, Palazzo Bortone.
• Bologna, THE WATER, Hotel Accademia, evento collaterale all’Arte Fiera Off 2011.
• Como, LANDSCAPE, Contrada degli Artigiani.
• Bruxelles, PROMO NIGHT, a cura di Convention Bureau della Riviera di Rimini, ristorante Il gusto di Flamant.
• Londra, PROMOTIONAL NIGHT, a cura di Convention Bureau della Riviera di Rimini, Tentazioni Restaurant.
• Firenze, RIMINIRIMINI, Galleria Redline